- Unlimited transactions
- $50.00 initial opening fee
- Eligible for a Visa debit card
- Direct Deposit
- Online Bill Pay
- Payroll Deduction
- Overdraft Protection privileges up to $600 (subject to account eligibility and restrictions)
- Online Banking Access
- Mobile App
We’re all about giving you choices. We offer FREE checking accounts ONLY if all 3 of the following requirements are satisfied:
1. Must use your debit card AT LEAST 3 times per month
2. Must sign-up for e-Statements
3. Must be enrolled in Online Banking
If you prefer to have our Standard Checking, a $6.00 monthly service charge will incur. Choose the services that best fit your lifestyle.
In compliance with the U.S.A. PATRIOT Act, we are required to obtain and verify identification provided for all new account owners and joint owners, using methods permitted by law.
Visa Debit Cards
With your debit card, there is no need to carry your checkbook or large amounts of cash. Just present your card at the time of purchase and the amount will automatically be deducted from your West Texas checking account. You will save time and money since there will be no check to write or time spent waiting for check approval. The transaction details will show up on your account statement, listing the date and location of each transaction.
- Eligible with a share draft checking account
- FREE ATM transactions at any of our partnered ATM locations
- May withdrawal up to $500 per day at any ATM location, if funds are available in account
- Unlimited daily spending limit, as long as funds are available in account
- May make a total combined 20 purchases and withdrawals in any one day
- May be transacted as debit or credit -When used as debit, funds are immediately debited from cardholder’s checking account
*If you have a lost or stolen Visa Debit Card, you may call any WTCU location during regular business hours, or after hours and holidays, please call 1-800-472-3272.
Courtesy Pay & Overdraft Protection
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. Courtesy Pay
2. Overdraft Protection
Courtesy Pay is an overdraft service we offer to pay items presented against your checking account when your account balance is insufficient to do so. Instead of returning the transaction to the merchant for non-sufficient funds (NSF), we will pay it and overdraw your account for a fee of $30.00. Your account may be overdrawn up to a $600 limit. There is a 60 day waiting period for new accounts before the account is eligible for Courtesy Pay.
Overdraft Protection will automatically transfer available funds from your savings account to pay an item. ODP will NOT allow your account to be overdrawn into a negative balance to pay an item. Overdraft transfers are free, unless the transaction is considered an ACH item, then a $5.00 fee will apply.
We may pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks written from your checking account
- Automatic Bill Payments
- ACH or other electronic transactions
We do not authorize overdrafts for the following transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everday debit card transactions
If you would like West Texas Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday debit card transactions, then please stop by any of our (3) locations and speak with a Member Services Representative to fill out the appropriate form.
*Please note: We pay overdrafts at our own discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.